The latest gadget from Segway is a cross between a hoverboard and a robot!
The Segway Loomo wants to be both companion and transportation.
The Segway Loomo equipped with 1080p HD fish eye camera, it provides you vision perfection and video capture. With the over-the-air updates, the software and app will be updated automatically. The free Android SDK system allows developers to program their own apps. Equipped with the large volume battery, Loomo enables riders to experience smooth trips up to a distance of 35 km.
One day inventor Dean Kamen saw a young man in a wheelchair struggling to get over a sidewalk. He realized that the problem wasn’t an ineffective wheelchair, it was that the world was built for people who could balance. Subsequently he and his team created the Independence IBOT™ Mobility System, a self-balancing mobility device that enables users to climb stairs and negotiate uneven surfaces. After that, the thought arose that a balance machine had far-reaching possibilities for people with full mobility as well.
Our inspiration for the name Segway came from the word segue, which is defined as “to transition smoothly from one state to another”. Segway transforms a person into an empowered pedestrian, allowing him/her to go farther, move more quickly and carry more.
Ninebot by Segway – CES2018-Segway’s Loomo bot drives like a hoverboard and follows like a puppy!
Exclusive discount code: W3ZURHV1
Segway Loomo is your mobile robot sidekick and personal mini transporter in one.
– Intel RealSense ZR300 camera for depth sensing & motion tracking, which enables 3D perception, robot mapping and obstacle avoidance
– The Android SDK core capabilities enables you to explore endless possibilities
– Loomo will continuously update its software and app to include new features to impress and surprise you
– With self-balancing technology, Loomo can give you a ride to wherever you want
– IPX4 rated protection to protect against all weather conditions, such as rain and mud
– Speed up to 18km/h in self-balancing mode and 8km/h in following mode
– Large anti-slip tires allow for smooth riding on uneven roads, preventing sliding
The following mode and the advanced computer vision from Intel RealSense enable Loomo to follow you around without bumping into road obstacles. Thank to the Android platform, programmers can develop any applications that they want for Loomo. Let’s discover new grounds together, Loomo will give you the best companionship ever!
Advanced Performance – You Decide
Autonomous navigation with obstacle mapping
Intel RealSense camera
Animated facial expression
Hardware expansion bay
Open source programming